Reliance General Insurance Company Limited is an Indian private insurance company founded in the year 2000. It forms a part of the Reliance Group under the leadership of Anil Dhirubhai Ambani. The company offers multiple lines of insurance products such as health insurance, motor insurance, commercial vehicle insurance, two-wheeler insurance and travel insurance.
The company operates with a vast distribution network of 12,000 intermediaries, 139 offices and key tie-ups with major banking firms like Andhra Bank, Bank of India, IndusInd Bank and Catholic Syrian Bank.
Why Choose Reliance General Insurance Over Other Plans?
Key Highlights of Reliance General Insurance
- Reliance General Insurance insured over 3 million farmers through active participation in the Indian Government’s crop insurance schemes – PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJNA
- Incurred claim ratio of 87.3%
- Over 4000 network hospitals empanelled with the company
- Upto Rs. 10 lakh for Third-party cover
- 100% of sum insured for Personal Accident Cover
- Discounts on installation of anti-theft device approved by ARAI
- India’s first insurance company to receive ISO 9001:2008 certification for providing holistic general insurance products.
- Awarded ‘Best use of Social Media in Marketing’ and ‘Marketing Excellence in BFSI sector’ at National Awards for Marketing Excellence in 2016
- Awarded ‘Best product Innovation General Insurance’ by Fintelekt in 2016
- ET Best BFSI Brands 2016
- Awarded for ‘Product Innovation for mobile pre-inspection system’ at Banking Frontiers Finnoviti Awards 2015
- Awarded ‘Promising Brand 2015’ by Economic Times
- Awarded General Insurance company of the year by Indian Insurance Awards in 2015
- Awarded ‘Best in Enterprise Mobility’ by Intelligent Enterprise Award in 2015
What Reliance General Insurance Has To Offer You?
Reliance General Insurance currently offers general insurance products under six main product lines – health insurance, car insurance, two wheeler insurance, commercial vehicle insurance, travel insurance and overseas insurance.
The health insurance products offered by the company come in three distinct plans. These are Reliance HealthGain, Reliance HealthWise, and Reliance Critical Illness. HealthGain offers sum insured in range of INR 3/6/9 lakhs and covers cashless hospitalisation across 4000 network hospitals.
Health-Wise offer family protection with cashless hospitalisation and day-care treatment coverage for individual and family including spouse and two children. The sum insured ranges between INR 2-5 lakhs. In contrast, the Critical Illness policy offers highest sum insured range with options of INR 5/7/10/15/20 lakhs as compensation in case of critical illness diagnosis.
Reliance Motor insurance covers car insurance, two-wheeler insurance and commercial vehicle insurance. Car insurance policies on offer provide third-party insurance coverage up to INR 10 lakhs and 100% personal accident capital sum insured of INR 5 lakhs. Additionally, policyholders can avail cashless car servicing and repairs at any of the 2100+ network garages signed up with Reliance General Insurance Company.
Apart from having one of the quickest turnaround time for settlement, Reliance car insurance also offer No Claim Bonus facilities and 24×7 on-spot assistance in case of car breakdowns.
While health insurance deals with hospitalisation and day-care treatments, travel insurance looks to protect policyholders against bodily and material damage when they are travelling. The available plans can be undertaken as an individual or on floater (family plan) basis. The family plan has two variations. You can either have one single sum insured to cover your entire family or have separate sum insured for each member of the family.
The plans cover emergency evacuation expenses, physical accident during travelling, expense resulting from delays in flights, expenses to arrange for new passport (in case old passport is lost) and cash provision in case of theft. Additionally, the policy holder get a free International Debit Card, facility to get treated with free hospitalization and quick, hassle-free claims process.
Overseas Travel Insurance
The overseas travel insurance segment has different plans configured to suit the exact needs of the customers. For example, student travel insurance looks to offer protection against contingencies like bail bond, sponsor protection and study interruption, so that students studying overseas can remain protected at all times.
Again, if you’re a senior citizen and need to travel abroad, the company’s senior citizen travel insurance looks to provide protection against pre-existing illnesses and cashless hospitalization across the world, so that they are covered against any sudden illnesses and mishaps on their sojourn abroad. Other types of overseas travel insurance on offer are annual multi-trip insurance, Asia travel insurance and Schegen travel insurance.